Get to grips with woodcut printing in our small-group weekend course from Saturday 14 to Sunday 15 September. You'll create a finished limited-edition print from your own design with artist Guy Allott’s expert guidance.
During the course you will:
- Work from your own art work.
- Learn how to cut Japanese plywood.
- Learn about selecting colours for print.
- Create a strong image within the parameters of the medium.
- Produce a small edition of a four colour wood block print.
- Work in a small class of just eight students with plenty of one-to-one support.
Please bring a drawing or a selection of 2D artworks from which to create your print.
All other materials provided by House of Illustration.
About the tutor:
Guy Allott is a painter, printer and sculptor whose woodcuts have been acquired by the V&A for the Prints and Drawing Collection. Guy studied at the Royal College of Art and Central Saint Martins and has exhibited widely across the UK, France, Italy, Germany and the US. He has a number of group shows upcoming in London and Berlin.
Saturday 14 - Sunday 15 September from 10am-4pm.
The price refers to the whole course, not to individual sessions.