Discover how to define an individual aesthetic and depict a range of clothing styles on this weekend-long course with fashion, beauty and lifestyle illustrator Montana Forbes.
You’ll consider the different techniques, methods and approaches you can use for fashion illustration, exploring form, line and colour to achieve magazine-ready results.
During the course you will:
- Warm up with short sketches.
- Explore various materials including pencils, coloured pencils, pens, markers, ink and watercolour.
- Experiment with coloured paper and magazine collage.
- Draw from both a life model and from magazines.
- Create conceptual compositions.
- Create illustrations to a given brief.
- Participate in discussions and critiques.
Please bring one or two favourite accessories, e.g. shoes, bags, hats, scarves, sunglasses etc.
All other materials provided by House of Illustration.
About the tutor:
Montana Forbes has been a fashion, beauty and lifestyle illustrator for 14 years, working in collage, sketching and Photoshop. On the board of the Association of Illustrators, her clients include the BBC, Elle Japan, Filofax and The National Costume Museum in Berlin. She studied Visual Communication with an interdisciplinary focus on art history, photography and graphic design.
Feedback from Montana’s previous courses:
“Wonderful, passionate teacher. Hugely encouraging and inspirational.”
Course dates and booking:
This course runs over 1 weekend: Saturday 4 – Sunday 5 July 2020, 10am-4pm.
To book, please select the start date from the drop-down menu below. The price refers to the whole course, not individual sessions. This course is for those aged 18+ only.