Chris Riddell ~ "A spellbinding exhibition"
The Guardian ~ "Dense illustrations - full of dark wit and symbolism... This show looks at how his exacting imagination let rip on Finnegan's Wake, Ulysses and the Alice series."
John Vernon Lord’s pen and ink drawings are rich with metaphor, pattern and code. This exhibition features his extraordinary work for five books by James Joyce and Lewis Carroll.
Important to know:
- One ticket covers admission to all House of Illustration exhibitions that are open on the day. Buy exhibition tickets below.
- On Tuesday 18 September this exhibition will close early, at 5.30pm.
- On Thursday 20 September it will close early, at 5pm.
- On Sunday 23 September it will close early, at 4.30pm.
- On Tuesday 25 September it will open late, at midday.
- From Tuesday 2-Thursday 4 October entry to this exhibition will be free. This will be the only exhibition open at House of Illustration on these dates.