House of Illustration is pleased to welcome pre-booked groups to the gallery.
Due to the limited capacity of the venue, we are only able to accommodate groups who book in advance.
We strongly recommend booking at least 10 days before you intend to visit.
Does my group need to book?
- All groups of 10 people or more must be booked in advance.
- Large groups of 20 people or more are kindly asked to split into smaller groups to walk around the galleries.
- Large groups of 40 people or more are asked to split into smaller groups to visit the galleries at different times.
When can I book for?
For group bookings, we offer three daily time slots for visits:
Prices and payment:
Please see our Tickets page for prices.
Payment must be made on the day of your visit. Teachers/group leaders must collect the full payment in advance from students/group members and pay in one transaction.
For higher and further educational visits only:
- Groups of up to 10 paying students may be accompanied by 1 teacher/group leader free of charge.
- Groups of up to 20 paying students may be accompanied by 2 teachers/group leaders free of charge.
For primary and secondary school groups, we offer a wide range of schools' illustration workshops which include visits to the galleries.
Facilities and accessibility:
Our shop and galleries are all on the ground floor and are fully wheelchair-accessible, with lift access to our workshop space, and accessible toilets. House of Illustration welcomes guide and assistance dogs.
Please note that we do not have locker facilities or a café/dedicated lunchroom.
Adult supervision of children under 16 is required at all times.
How to book:
Please complete and submit our group booking request form and await written confirmation from a member of our team as confirmation of your booking. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible, but please allow up to 5 working days to process your booking request.
Please note that submission of the form alone will not secure your booking. If you have not received written confirmation of your booking, your booking is not secure and you may be turned away at the door.
If you have any questions regarding your booking, please check our FAQs.
* One of our exhibitions, Tom of Finland: Love and Liberation (6 March – 28 June 2020) contains sexually explicit imagery, including some images that could be interpreted as sexually violent, and may not be suitable for all visitors.