How to create your entry
Once you have read Howl's Moving Castle and are ready to start making your illustrations and binding, you will need to follow the competition's very specific instructions.
It is important you read through the following downloads carefully before starting on your entry:
- Binding and illustration instructions
- Binding template
- Example binding and illustration PDF (using illustrations and a binding design from The Folio Society's 2014 edition of Treasure Island illustrated by Sterling Hundley)
The judges are looking for your unique interpretation of the book. Originality is as important as talent and technique. Your entry must be based on your response to the novel, not on any existing visual interpretations.
Standard entry: £25. Student entry: £15.
You will be able to make your payment via our online shop (webstore). Please note that you will be asked for your webstore code in your application form and will need to attach your payment confirmation email to the email containing your application. We advise that you make the payment well in advance of submitting your application to avoid any last-minute technical issues.
How to submit your entry
Read the Terms and conditions
Send your application in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'Your Name BIC 2019'
This email must include:
- A completed application form (download it from the bottom of this page), saved as a word document or PDF with the title 'YourName_application_form'
- Your binding design, three illustrations and three captions in a single PDF titled 'YourName_illustrations_binding'. This PDF must not contain your name elsewhere. It must not exceed 3MB. See the Example binding and illustration PDF for how to format this.
- Your webstore confirmation email
Competiton deadline: 9am GMT on Tuesday 8 January 2019
Please do not post your entry to your own website/blog/social media until the longlist is announced on 1 February 2019, so our judges can judge the competition anonymously.
Need further help?